About Me

My photo
Wondering Wanderer!, South Korea

Tuesday 1 November 2011

I KNOW I AM ON VACATION WHEN...

Beautiful Bali

I love to travel, and have been lucky enough to have done a lot of it. However, sometimes I worry about taking it for granted, and forgetting how privileged I am to be able to do so. Here is a list of a few things that really demonstrated to me that I was on vacation in beautiful Bali last week, and reminded me to love every minute of it while it lasted.
I knew I was on vacation when...
  • a gecko stared me down in my outdoor shower as I admired the rice paddies
  • my giant stack of cash was simultaneously worth millions and next to nothing  
  • wearing shoes was a burden
  • setting an alarm was optional
  • the food was so cheap and delicious that 3 meals a day were simply not enough
  • humming birds were flitting about my breakfast table
  • the exotic aroma of incense was carried on every breeze
  • I happily didn't understand a word the locals said
  • spectacular sunsets were a daily occurrence
  • I woke up gazing out over the ocean or rice terraces
  • my day's activities were diving, white water rafting, visiting temples or relaxing