I love to travel, and have been lucky enough to have done a lot of it. However, sometimes I worry about taking it for granted, and forgetting how privileged I am to be able to do so. Here is a list of a few things that really demonstrated to me that I was on vacation in beautiful Bali last week, and reminded me to love every minute of it while it lasted.
I knew I was on vacation when...
- a gecko stared me down in my outdoor shower as I admired the rice paddies
- my giant stack of cash was simultaneously worth millions and next to nothing
- wearing shoes was a burden
- setting an alarm was optional
- the food was so cheap and delicious that 3 meals a day were simply not enough
- humming birds were flitting about my breakfast table
- the exotic aroma of incense was carried on every breeze
- I happily didn't understand a word the locals said
- spectacular sunsets were a daily occurrence
- I woke up gazing out over the ocean or rice terraces
- my day's activities were diving, white water rafting, visiting temples or relaxing